failure of consideration
Legal Definition of failure of consideration
: the neglect, refusal, or failure of a party to a contract to perform as promised or furnish the consideration promised also : the extinguishment of the consideration or of the worth of the consideration promised
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game