fact·find·er | \ ˈfakt-ˌfīn-dər\
Legal Definition of factfinder
: one that tries to determine the facts of a case, situation, or relationship: as
a : an impartial examiner designated by a government agency to appraise the facts underlying a particular matter (as a labor dispute)
b : trier of fact
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?