ex-rightsadverb or adjective
\ ˌeks-ˈrīts \
Legal Definition of ex-rights
: without rights
Note: The purchaser of stock traded ex-rights does not acquire the right to purchase new securities at a discount prior to their public issuance because such right was retained by the seller.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game