ex-dividendadverb or adjective
Legal Definition of ex-dividend
Note: A stock is said to be sold “ex-dividend” when the sale occurs just before the next dividend on the stock is due to be paid, so that the payment date comes after the order to buy is executed but before the stock changes hands. In such cases, the dividend is paid to the seller, and the price of the stock is reduced by an appropriate amount.
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game