dispose oftransitive verb
disposed of; disposing of
Legal Definition of dispose of
1 : to transfer to the control or ownership of another disposed of the property by will
2 : to deal with conclusively : determine finally received petitions for injunctions…The common theme in disposing of these— W. J. Brennan, Jr.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?