Legal Definition of direct skip
: a generation-skipping transfer of an interest in property to a skip person : a transfer that is to a person two or more generations below the person making the transfer or to a trust in which all interest is held by such persons and that is subject to generation-skipping transfer taxes — compare taxable distribution, taxable termination
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game