Legal Definition of direct appeal
1 : an appeal from an order of a three-judge court granting or denying an interlocutory or permanent injunction that may be taken directly to the U.S. Supreme Court under title 28 section 1253 of the U.S. Code
2 : direct review
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?