Legal Definition of diminished capacity
— called also diminished responsibility, partial insanity— compare insanity, irresistible impulse test, m'naghten test, substantial capacity test
Note: If diminished capacity is shown, negating an element of the crime with which a defendant is charged, the defendant can only be convicted of a lesser offense that does not include the element.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game