dev·a·sta·vit | \ ˌde-və-ˈstā-vit \
Legal Definition of devastavit
1 : mismanagement or waste of the assets in the estate of a deceased person by the fiduciary in charge of the estate (as the executor)
2 : a common-law writ seeking a remedy for devastavit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game