cross-mo·tion | \ ˈkrȯs-ˌmō-shən\
Legal Definition of cross-motion
: a motion that attempts to counter a similar motion filed by an opposing party after the plaintiffs moved to recuse his counsel, the defendant filed a cross-motion to disqualify theirs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?