cram·down | \ ˈkram-ˌdau̇n\
Legal Definition of cramdown
1 : a bankruptcy court's approval of a Title 11 bankruptcy plan against the wishes of some creditors
Note: A plan may be approved despite the rejection of creditors if the plan is deemed to be fair and equitable and not unfairly discriminatory in accordance with Title 11, section 1129(b).
2 : a Chapter 13 bankruptcy court's modification of the terms of a loan against the wishes of a creditor
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game