cram·down | \ ˈkram-ˌdau̇n \
Legal Definition of cramdown
1 : a bankruptcy court's approval of a Title 11 bankruptcy plan against the wishes of some creditors
Note: A plan may be approved despite the rejection of creditors if the plan is deemed to be fair and equitable and not unfairly discriminatory in accordance with Title 11, section 1129(b).
2 : a Chapter 13 bankruptcy court's modification of the terms of a loan against the wishes of a creditor
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game