court of criminal appeals
Legal Definition of court of criminal appeals
1 often capitalized C&C&A : a court of appeals in some states (as Alabama, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas) that hears criminal appeals
2 capitalized : the intermediate appellate military court made up of military personnel and having the power to review questions of fact as well as law
Note: This court was called the Court of Military Review until 1994.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?