cost of living clausenoun
Legal Definition of cost of living clause
: a clause in an agreement (as a collective bargaining agreement) that provides for increase of payments (as wages) made under the agreement in some proportion to the increase in the cost of living
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game