contract clausenoun, often capitalized both Cs
Legal Definition of contract clause
: the clause in Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution that prohibits states from passing any laws that render contracts invalid or impair the obligations under them
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game