conflict of laws
Legal Definition of conflict of laws
: opposition or conflict between the applicable laws of different states or jurisdictions regarding the rights of the parties in a case also : a branch of law that deals with the resolution of such conflict and the determination of the law applicable to cases in which the laws of different jurisdictions are asserted
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?