con·fi·den·tial communication | \ ˌkän-fə-ˈden-chəl-\
Legal Definition of confidential communication
: a communication between parties to a confidential relation (as husband and wife, attorney and client, or doctor and patient) such that the recipient of the communication has a privilege exempting him or her from disclosing it as a witness
— called also privileged communication
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game