collection by affidavit
col·lec·tion by affidavit
Legal Definition of collection by affidavit
: a procedure available for small estates in some states as an alternative to court administration in which a person named in a will may file an affidavit asserting his or her entitlement to payment after a waiting period — compare summary distribution
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game