Legal Definition of citizen suit
: a suit brought by citizens under a provision of an environmental law (as the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act) that gives citizens a private right of action against violators of the law and authorizes the court to award injunctive relief and sometimes to impose penalties
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?