citizen in·for·mant | \ -in-ˈfȯr-mənt\
Legal Definition of citizen informant
: an informant who is motivated to assist law enforcement officers by good citizenship as distinguished from one seeking some gain (as payment or concessions from police)
— called also citizen informer
Note: The information given by a citizen informant is presumed under the law to be reliable.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game