ca·sus omis·sus | \ ˈkā-səs-ə-ˈmi-səs, ˈkä-su̇s-ō-ˈmi-su̇s\
Legal Definition of casus omissus
: a situation omitted from or not provided for by statute or regulation and therefore governed by the common law
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game