car·nal knowledge | \ ˈkär-nəl-\
Legal Definition of carnal knowledge
: an act of especially illegal sexual intercourse whoever has carnal knowledge of a female forcibly and against her will — District of Columbia Code Annotated also : the crime of committing such an act was charged with carnal knowledge of a juvenile — see also rape
Note: Carnal knowledge is sometimes an element of the statutory definition of rape in addition to being a separate offense.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?