capias ad satisfaciendumnoun
capias ad sat·is·fac·ien·dum | \ -ˌsa-tis-ˌfā-shē-ˈen-dəm, -ˌsä-tis-ˌfä-kē-ˈen-du̇m\
Legal Definition of capias ad satisfaciendum
: a writ or process commanding an officer to place a person (as a debtor) under civil arrest until a claim is satisfied
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game