bona vacantianoun plural
bo·na va·can·tia | \ ˈbō-nə-vā-ˈkan-shē-ə\
Legal Definition of bona vacantia
: goods that are unclaimed and without an apparent owner it was trash, in the nature of bona vacantia, which the defendants had abandoned — United States v. Calise, 217 F. Supp. 705 (1962)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game