bona fide purchasernoun
Legal Definition of bona fide purchaser
— called also bona fide purchaser for value
Note: There are particular requirements for a bona fide purchaser of a security set out in Uniform Commercial Code section 8-302. Under this section a bona fide purchaser is one who buys a security in good faith and without notice of any adverse claims and who takes delivery of a certificated security either as a bearer security or as a registered security issued to him or her or endorsed to him or her or by a blank endorsement or to whom the transfer of an uncertificated security is registered on the books of the issuer, or as otherwise provided in section 8-313.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?