bona fide holdernoun
bona fide hold·er
Legal Definition of bona fide holder
: a holder of a negotiable instrument who acquired title to the instrument in the ordinary course of business for value before it became due and without knowledge of any defect in title — compare holder in due course
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game