blue pencil rulenoun
blue pen·cil rule
Legal Definition of blue pencil rule
: a rule in contracts: a court may strike parts of a covenant not to compete in order to make the covenant reasonable
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?