Legal Definition of as is clause
: a clause in an agreement providing that the buyer accepts the item for sale in its presently existing condition without modification or repair
Note: Under Uniform Commercial Code section 2-316, an as is clause releases the seller from responsibility for the quality of the item for sale.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game