as is clausenoun
Legal Definition of as is clause
: a clause in an agreement providing that the buyer accepts the item for sale in its presently existing condition without modification or repair
Note: Under Uniform Commercial Code section 2-316, an as is clause releases the seller from responsibility for the quality of the item for sale.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game