articles of incorporation
Legal Definition of articles of incorporation
: a document by which a corporation is formed that sets forth basic information (as the corporation's name, purpose, directors, and stock) usually as required by statute — see also certificate of incorporation — compare bylaws, charter
Note: In most states a corporation is created upon the filing of the articles of incorporation with the secretary of state.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game