al·lo·ca·tur | \ ˌa-lō-ˈkā-tər, ˌä-lō-ˈkä-tu̇r\
Legal Definition of allocatur
: permission to appeal granted allocatur in order to determine whether the lower courts were in error — City of Pittsburgh v. Commonwealth, 653 A.2d 1210 (1995) —used primarily in Pennsylvania
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game