aider by verdict
aid·er by verdict | \ ˈā-dər-\
Legal Definition of aider by verdict
: the presumption after a verdict that all facts necessary to the verdict were proven : the correcting of a pleading defect (as failing to allege a fact) by the verdict in order to conform to the evidence
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game