age of majority
Legal Definition of age of majority
— called also full age
Note: Age of majority is set by statute, in most states at 18. The age at which a person may perform various acts, as legally drink alcoholic beverages or make a valid will, does not necessarily correspond with the age of majority.
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game