Legal Definition of affirmative relief
: relief requested by the defendant to a lawsuit for injury which he or she claims to have suffered during the same factual situation the plaintiff claims to have been injured in and for which he or she could also bring a lawsuit
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?