actio de in rem versonoun
ac·tio de in rem ver·so | \ ˈak-shē-ō-ˌdē-in-ˈrem-ˈvər-sō, ˈäk-tē-ō-ˌdā-in-ˈrem-ˈver-sō\
Legal Definition of actio de in rem verso
in the civil law of Louisiana : a doctrine equivalent to the common-law doctrine of unjust enrichment
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game