accumulated earnings taxnoun
Legal Definition of accumulated earnings tax
: a tax levied on the taxable income of a corporation that is accumulated by the corporation rather than distributed to shareholders and that is not retained for the reasonable needs of the business
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?