Unit·ed States attorney
Legal Definition of United States attorney
: an attorney in the Department of Justice who is appointed either by the president or the attorney general of the United States and acts as the prosecutor in federal criminal cases and as counsel for the U.S. in civil actions within the federal judicial district to which he or she is assigned
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game