United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Legal Definition of United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
: the highest military court presided over by civilian judges and reviewing decisions of lower military courts on criminal matters
Note: This court was formerly called the United States Court of Military Appeals.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?