United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Legal Definition of United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
: the highest military court presided over by civilian judges and reviewing decisions of lower military courts on criminal matters
Note: This court was formerly called the United States Court of Military Appeals.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game