U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS)Agency
Legal Definition of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Homeland Security Department agency charged with administering federal immigration laws. The USCIS facilitates entry into the United States of persons legally admissible as immigrants or visitors; grants certain benefits to those seeking asylum, temporary or permanent resident status, or naturalization; and determines eligibility for adoption of children living outside the United States.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/17/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game