U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS)Agency
Legal Definition of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Homeland Security Department agency charged with administering federal immigration laws. The USCIS facilitates entry into the United States of persons legally admissible as immigrants or visitors; grants certain benefits to those seeking asylum, temporary or permanent resident status, or naturalization; and determines eligibility for adoption of children living outside the United States.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 12/6/19
- Getting with the ‘Program’ (or ‘Programme’)
- Why Do We Say Teams Get a 'Bye'?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/29/19
Ask the Editors
- Semantic Drift Quiz Take the quiz
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game