Small Business Administration(SBA)Agency
Legal Definition of Small Business Administration
independent government agency charged with protecting and advancing the interests of small business concerns. The SBA offers a variety of financial assistance programs to small businesses, ensures that small businesses receive a fair portion of government contracts, licenses and regulates small business investment companies, operates minority enterprise development and women's business ownership programs, studies the impact on small businesses of legislative proposals and other public policy issues, and performs other functions in support of small business development.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game