Sedition Act of 1918Law
40 Stat. 553 | (1918),
Legal Definition of Sedition Act of 1918
an amendment to the Espionage Act of 1917. The Act made it criminal to use speech to incite resistance to the war effort, as well as to criticize the United States or to support a country at war with the United States. The Act was repealed in 1921.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game