Legal Definition of Regulation U
: a regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System imposing credit restrictions on banks that extend credit for the purpose of buying or carrying margin stock if the credit is secured directly or indirectly by margin stock
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?