National Transportation Safety Board(NTSB)Agency
Legal Definition of National Transportation Safety Board
independent government agency charged with investigating certain types of accidents (such as those involving aircraft or trains) and conducting safety studies to identify areas needing improvement in the transportation industry. The NTSB investigates air, rail, pipeline, marine, highway, and other transportation accidents to determine their cause and make recommendations to prevent such accidents from recurring. It also conducts transportation safety studies, publishes reports, establishes regulatory guidelines for reporting accidents, reviews the adequacy of safeguards concerning the transport of hazardous materials, and hears on appeal the suspension or revocation of certificates and licenses issued by the Department of Transportation.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game