Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery Systemnoun
Legal Definition of Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System
: a method of calculating depreciation introduced in the Tax Reform Act of 1986 that replaced the Accelerated Cost Recovery System and that allows for faster recovery of costs for property put into service after 1986 over a longer period of time
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game