Lord Campbell's Actnoun
Lord Camp·bell's Act | \ ˈlȯrd-ˈkam-bəlz-, -ˈka-məlz-\
Legal Definition of Lord Campbell's Act
: a statute setting out the remedy available for wrongful death
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game