London Interbank Offered Ratenoun
London In·ter·bank Offered Rate | \ -ˈin-tər-ˌbaŋk-\
Legal Definition of London Interbank Offered Rate
: the interest rate that banks charge each other for loans in the London banking market
Note: The London Interbank Offered Rate is used worldwide as a benchmark for rates on loans and financial instruments.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game