Legal Services CorporationAgency
Legal Definition of Legal Services Corporation
independent nonprofit corporation created by Congress that provides financial assistance to certain public legal-services programs. The corporation seeks to ensure that persons involved in noncriminal proceedings who would otherwise be unable to afford legal assistance have access to such assistance. To that end it makes grants to and contracts with individuals, firms, corporations, and organizations for the purpose of providing for the legal needs of these clients.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game