Legal Definition of Frye test
— called also Frye rule
Note: In Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals, 509 U.S. 579 (1993), the Supreme Court held that the Federal Rules of Evidence supersede the Frye test, and as a result scientific evidence (as expert testimony) needs to meet only the requirements of the Federal Rules of Evidence in order to be admissible.
Keep scrolling for more
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game