Legal Definition of Federal Register
: the daily bulletin of administrative and executive rules, regulations, orders, and notices that is published by the federal government — see also Code of Federal Regulations
Note: The Federal Register in effect updates the Code of Federal Regulations if nec.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game