Federal Labor Relations Authority(FLRA)Agency
Legal Definition of Federal Labor Relations Authority
independent government agency charged with administering laws that protect the right of federal non-postal employees to bargain collectively. The FLRA establishes policies and guidelines concerning federal service labor-management relations, ensures compliance with statutory collective bargaining rights and obligations, determines the appropriateness of bargaining units, supervises and conducts federal service representation elections, ensures conformance with government rules and regulations, investigates complaints about unfair labor practices, and adjudicates disputes. It also maintains a panel devoted to resolving impasses in negotiations between agencies and unions.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game