Federal Housing Administration(FHA)Agency
Legal Definition of Federal Housing Administration
agency within the Department of Housing and Urban Development charged with assisting lower-income and nontraditional home buyers in financing home purchases. The FHA was created in 1934 to help out home buyers and the housing industry, which was devastated by the onset of the Great Depression. Today, the FHA fulfills its mission primarily through programs that provide, guarantee, or insure loans to first-time, lower-income, or nontraditional home buyers.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?