Economic Recovery Tax Act(ERTA)Law
26 U.S.C. §§ 15, 21, 22, 29, 30, 32, 40, 422, 424; 42 U.S.C. § 9836a et seq. | (1981)
Legal Definition of Economic Recovery Tax Act
reduced individual income tax rates by 25 percent and expanded depreciation allowances and credits for investments. It also allowed the appreciated value of charitable gifts to be counted as part of an alternative tax base.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game